Sunday, October 10, 2010

Waiting is the hardest part...

September came to end and baby number 3 stayed warm, cozy and squished!  My due date came and went as my pregnancy became more and more unmanageable 
(I mean,  walking around  dilated to 5 for a few weeks is incredible but NOT comfortable!).  
Nothing to do but ............ 
.............    w.        a.        i.          t...................


On October 7th at 12:40 a.m., I had my first real-deal, no doubt, undeniable labor contraction.  The pain spread around my middle and I watched the clock.  Another 6 min. later, then one 5 min. later.  Barely 4 minutes later... another.  Time to wake the husband and NO time to grab the camera, do the dishes, or even wait for the Aunt/babysitter to answer the phone - My body told me that this baby was coming FAST.  

At 1:25 we sped off as Grandma and Grandpa arrived to take care of Ella and Lilah.   Traffic laws and valet requirements?  Ignored!   As we pulled in to the hospital,  I was wheeled up to Labor Delivery since walking through my contractions was no longer an option.  The nurses gave us a disbelieving look as Justin tried to rush me directly into a room.  Slow down and paperwork I heard through the pain...  Justin insisted that "This baby is her third and coming fast!".  Nurse Catherine took one look at me with her old Irish eyes and said 
"Come with me!". 
In a flash she checked the dilation and effacement - TEN and 100%.   I was ready to deliver.  Twenty six minutes later, I lay on the hospital bed staring at the minniest Mayernik yet!  Our seven pound, four ounce Little Girl Miranda Ida Mayernik was born at 2:16 a.m. with Nanna, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Jackie and Daddy ready to welcome her into the world. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i love how you captured every moment of how miranda finally joined us - unforgettable :)

    ReplyDelete