
LOOK CLOSELY and you'll see that a little bit of spring had arrived at the Mayernik House. That's right. Ella and Lilah are raising their very own caterpillars! Lilah wants to put the caterpillars to nap time and take them in her stroller and Ella just wants to open the lid. So far so good! Day 2 and the larvae are still safe in the jar.


The adventure began when our caterpillars and butterfly house arrived in this last week. The girls are so excited to see the chrysalis.

Ella was able to tell Lilah all about it since she had done this in school when she was three (I couldn't believe she remembered everything!). I also read them this great story about a class that raises their very own painted lady butterflies.
"Just like ours" Lilah said :)

Check back in 17 to 21 days and hopefully I'll have pictures of excited girls with their beautiful butterflies!
What a fun project that they'll always remember, And I'm all for pets that don't poop!
ReplyDelete